STWC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
STWC Forum

The 2011-2012 Sheep Tag World ChaMpiOnShiP forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Changes in the map? (admins remove if there alrdy is one)

Go down 
+8
TristanWolf
greatlakes[sks]
ShoresOfEden
BEeeH-
NoMapgrid
XXXandBEER
Shoop
TraxxWOLF
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TraxxWOLF

Changes in the map? (admins remove if there alrdy is one) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes in the map? (admins remove if there alrdy is one)   Changes in the map? (admins remove if there alrdy is one) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 8:19 am

How can people still argue about this. Video's are made for entertainment, and OFCOURSE we are supposed to have videos like mine or sideys. Go youtube and search for the word "football skills". You will not get videos on epic teamwork, putting strikers offside, how the coach talks before the match etc. You will see nutmegs, dribbles, legendary goals.

Same goes for ST videos, people want to see nice survival-runtag, highskilled moves and lucky outcomes. You dont want to see bridges, the captain's chatlog where he shouts commands or the "epic tactic" first 13 sec.
Back to top Go down
BEeeH-

BEeeH-

PostSubject: Re: Changes in the map? (admins remove if there alrdy is one)   Changes in the map? (admins remove if there alrdy is one) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 8:56 am

Add stack ( can't be built in mid )
set str cost to 30/42
fix golem shop price
dont change current sheep true sight range (725)

and BOOM we got a GOOD map

I've been playing st for like 2 months now, YET i haven't seen ANYONE being WOOW!-Pro_hiiyoutubeTOPLEGEND, because you can't do SHITS alone vs several wolves. The current map is a JOKE. People like nightmare, exa & skill_ownz are considered top 10 WTF, WHY? Because there's no MASTERY at ALL, anyone with an IQ above somalian lvl can turd around and not die, which is the main "skill-factor" today. WHY IS IT THAT? Because you CAN'T SHINE. It's IMPOSSIBLE to make an accurate ranking today based on the players' skills, because there is no way to see them. The "materials" we see today is 100% based on wolf failures.

ADD stacks and we'll have a FUN and competitive map. Good wolves can prevent sheep with stacks from escaping an isolation.
Back to top Go down
EnStekPaNnaWOLF

PostSubject: Re: Changes in the map? (admins remove if there alrdy is one)   Changes in the map? (admins remove if there alrdy is one) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 9:10 am

I assumed everyone on this forum had an IQ above 100 (except laauch ofc) , clearly i was wrong. Ofc i don't think sheeptag should be played that way, i just linked the video to show an opposite pole of what lakes said he wanted to see in sheeptag. Since you clearly didn't understand i will explain it to you. That video shows reflexes, fancy moves, tricking wolves, jumping, flipping etc etc. You could call them "Technical" skills. This is ofc an extreme pole and nobody thinks sheeptag should be played this exact way.

Larrys video on the other hand, shows another kind of skill. Teamwork, map-awareness, bridging etc etc. Some people like lakes clearly prefer this while others prefer the game to require more of the skills showed in beers video. Every successful game has a combination of these 2 different types of skills. It should be obvious to anyone that sheeptag is way too much teamwork-based these days. Some people might enjoy it but i know that a lot doesn't.

You never see these "super wow fuckslam"-moments where a sheep just does some sick shit and escape anymore. The very few times you see it it's based on wolf fails and nothing else, this is in 99.99 % of the games the case.

Sidey is talking about mastery and i agree. For the map to have as much mastery as possible there should be 2 sections which you can increase your skill in, not only one. As it is now you only benefit from being good at teamwork and having map-awareness while being a good technical player doesn't benefit you for shit. I want to see the players who cant survive for shit when it comes to individual techincal skills to die like flies just as i want to see the people with 0 game knowledge drag their team down.
Back to top Go down
greatlakes[sks]

greatlakes[sks]

PostSubject: Re: Changes in the map? (admins remove if there alrdy is one)   Changes in the map? (admins remove if there alrdy is one) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 11:31 am

steko got my point, thumbs up!
please just include how your mastery-increasing effects team-based playing, because one shoulnd't cancel out another
Back to top Go down
TristanWolf

PostSubject: Re: Changes in the map? (admins remove if there alrdy is one)   Changes in the map? (admins remove if there alrdy is one) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 12:01 pm

I don't get it? Mastery covers individual and team based play.

If we can counter invis/golems through a skill-based means it means that skilled players won't be scared to bridge/expand and can do so more effectively. This is about removing luck from the map and replacing it with skill --> it's a fundamental change that boosts mastery on all fronts.

Tiny farms do nothing vs invis and do nothing in a high paced pressure situations vs several golems being shot on you.

I really REALLY don't see how anyone could possibly be against this. You would have to be severely mentally retarded and/or brainwashed by kids who oppose my suggestions only through emotional distaste.
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: Changes in the map? (admins remove if there alrdy is one)   Changes in the map? (admins remove if there alrdy is one) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 3:20 pm

Quote :
you can't do SHITS alone vs several wolves. The current map is a JOKE. People like nightmare, exa & skill_ownz are considered top 10 WTF, WHY? Because there's no MASTERY at ALL, anyone with an IQ above somalian lvl can turd around and not die, which is the main "skill-factor" today. WHY IS IT THAT? Because you CAN'T SHINE
pretty much. invis being buffed is the best thing that has happened to wolfplay recently. it allows good players to do something without being 100% dependent on every last one of their allies. this ruined sheepplay since its impossible to dodge a well-timed invis without predicting it beforehand, which means u have to assume someone is going to invis you before every farm you make, and even then its not 100% safe. so what im trying to say is: tristians suggestions are the only reasonable ones. keep invis as it is and add a way to skillfully dodge it.

all this talk about ''i dont want a runtag map, i want a teamwork map'' is HORSESHIT. you dont base and build the map around teamwork, teamwork is just a strategy that works in team games regardless of how you develop the map. its honestly absurd to me how some of you want the game to be only about teamwork, and have as little element of skill besides strategy/teamwork as possible. you have bad visions for ST and you don't see the potential of the game.
Back to top Go down
greatlakes[sks]

greatlakes[sks]

PostSubject: Re: Changes in the map? (admins remove if there alrdy is one)   Changes in the map? (admins remove if there alrdy is one) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 4:40 pm

[quote="CHIEFHERO[SKS]"]
Quote :

all this talk about ''i dont want a runtag map, i want a teamwork map'' is HORSESHIT.
[...] how some of you want the game to be only about teamwork, and have as little element of skill [...] as possible

first of all: you do not know it all perfectly correct. (not saying you know nothing)
...mind that "HORSESHIT" apparently won't allow further discussion at all.

second: add all your skill-stuff as you like, idc. my interest just is that we don't change the strategy from teaming to somewhat like "best guy gets isod, escapes and the rest can go corner, maybe bank to give the one ego-dude some stack-money".

for the ones who obviously just fly over posts and already got in mind what they would answer before having read:
I'm pro add skill-mastery
I'm con decrease teamworking/change teamworking to ego-show-based strategies
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changes in the map? (admins remove if there alrdy is one)   Changes in the map? (admins remove if there alrdy is one) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Changes in the map? (admins remove if there alrdy is one)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2