STWC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
STWC Forum

The 2011-2012 Sheep Tag World ChaMpiOnShiP forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

People are not fit to make decisions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Effloresce

Effloresce

People are not fit to make decisions  Empty
PostSubject: People are not fit to make decisions    People are not fit to make decisions  EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 3:28 am

All these idealistic thoughts about democracy, utopia, and the importance of listening to trollpro and turbo_12 are crap.

1. Maps are not built this way because such a system requires too many resources and too much time.
2. People are not qualified to make such decisions.

I think we should ignore everyone except me and a few others. We should especially ignore people like shoop/exalius/drew/chaise/beer/prodigy/traxx/etc.

Why? Because not a single one of these people have mapped out an explanation for their suggested changes. All they've done is thrown out a list of arbitrary changes without any foundation.

None of these people have specified what their changes are based on. My changes are based on the idea of mastery - that every single change that increases the difference between a skilled and a non-skilled player across both teams and the entire map should be added.

This means, for example, that we might POSSIBLY consider bumping the terrain slightly. Massing speed mastery is the greatest when the terrain is flat - but then we must factor in golems, mbs, mirror jumps and all these other variables and then we see that a slightly bumped terrain could possibly increase mastery. We should absolutely not bump the terrain excessively because then mastery would decrease!

So apart from those who agree with me in how I reason I believe it is out duty to disqualify the opinions of everyone else until they can provide a basis for what their changes are based on and what their changes hope to accomplish. Such a basis must be objective and so one cannot use "fun" or "I like it."

That's all for now.

Back to top Go down
TraxxWOLF

PostSubject: Re: People are not fit to make decisions    People are not fit to make decisions  EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 4:13 am

Why do you involve me?
The only thing I have said is that I believe that bombers should be changed o.o
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: People are not fit to make decisions    People are not fit to make decisions  EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 5:14 am

So now the "council of legends" have come down to you and the people who agree with you Sidey? Who are these people that should make mapdecisions then?
Back to top Go down
XXXandBEER

PostSubject: Re: People are not fit to make decisions    People are not fit to make decisions  EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 3:26 pm

Effloresce wrote:

Why? Because not a single one of these people have mapped out an explanation for their suggested changes. All they've done is thrown out a list of arbitrary changes without any foundation.

Please link/quote/explain a time I have stated a change without reasoning.
Back to top Go down
Madhatters
Admin

PostSubject: Re: People are not fit to make decisions    People are not fit to make decisions  EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 3:54 pm

Effloresce wrote:
So apart from those who agree with me in how I reason I believe it is out duty to disqualify the opinions of everyone else

This made my day.

A bit out of context but still made me lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: People are not fit to make decisions    People are not fit to make decisions  Empty

Back to top Go down

People are not fit to make decisions
Page 1 of 1