STWC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
STWC Forum

The 2011-2012 Sheep Tag World ChaMpiOnShiP forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Make me moderator

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Effloresce

Effloresce

Make me moderator Empty
PostSubject: Make me moderator   Make me moderator EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:26 pm

None of the moderators/admins (Shoop, Exalius, Nightmare, Mapgrid, etc) are doing ANYTHING to moderate this forum.

Some are scared of criticism (Shoop) and will not delete posts because of that.

Others (NoMapGrid) blasts the forum with spam posts himself.

Make me moderator and I will trash the trash and gladly deal with all the criticism that comes with it.

If not, at least remove these clowns for not doing anything and replace them with people that WILL.

Look at the quality of posts on the front page - disgraceful.
Back to top Go down
Madhatters
Admin

Make me moderator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make me moderator   Make me moderator EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 12:17 am

Sidey you know me and shoop are essentially in control of the forums right? Insulting us and requesting our admins removed probably isn't the best way to get promoted. Also, you've started a lot of posts of similar quality.
Back to top Go down
Effloresce

Effloresce

Make me moderator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make me moderator   Make me moderator EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 1:33 am

Am I insulting you though? Or was my post an accurate assessment of the current state of the forums?

I think it's the latter. You guys have not moderated the forum at all. Denying that is futile!

Me making and participating in toilet threads does not mean I support them. When post quality drops and there's nothing else on the forums I, like everyone else, is going to start making and participating in the same kind of threads. I don't at all support these type of threads along with non-content posts (one liners, smiley face xD post, etc).

I don't GIVE A SHIT if I get moderator or not. I care that you get to work that you MODERATE the forums one way or another.
Back to top Go down
Madhatters
Admin

Make me moderator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make me moderator   Make me moderator EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 1:51 am

https://stwc.forumotion.com/t251-madhatters-ishouldn-t-be-admin
I think its the first one, but I like how you are saying that you care that the forums are moderated, then openly admit to contributing to the reason the forums need to be moderated. Would you create topics/posts as a user then delete them right away as a moderator(if I promoted you)?
Back to top Go down
Effloresce

Effloresce

Make me moderator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make me moderator   Make me moderator EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 1:57 am

Quote :
but I like how you are saying that you care that the forums are moderated, then openly admit to contributing to the reason the forums need to be moderated.

When the general post quality drops I have less incentive to contribute myself.

If I make a post and know that I'll get a bunch of trash one liners and xD smileys I won't bother making it.

No one wants a bunch of people leeching on their posts. If people only leech the people contributing eventually turn into leeches as well and we get what sheeptag.net has been for a long time.

If people leech I'll be inclined to leech as well and make toilet threads and toilet posts for my own (lesser) amusement.

Quote :
Would you create topics/posts as a user then delete them right away as a moderator(if I promoted you)?

I don't understand this. I wouldn't make retard threads in the first place if the forum didn't largely consist of them.
Back to top Go down
Madhatters
Admin

Make me moderator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make me moderator   Make me moderator EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 2:03 am

The point was that you are posting garbage and then complaining about the moderators not removing it.
Back to top Go down
Night

Make me moderator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make me moderator   Make me moderator EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 5:30 am

Effloresce wrote:
None of the moderators/admins (Shoop, Exalius, Nightmare, Mapgrid, etc) are doing ANYTHING to moderate this forum.

Some are scared of criticism (Shoop) and will not delete posts because of that.

Others (NoMapGrid) blasts the forum with spam posts himself.

Make me moderator and I will trash the trash and gladly deal with all the criticism that comes with it.

If not, at least remove these clowns for not doing anything and replace them with people that WILL.

Look at the quality of posts on the front page - disgraceful.

I have deleted MANY spam posts so far. U just can't see WHAT i deleted obviously.The problem is, i would feel bad deleting posts of 11-14 yo kids posting first time in forums (for example katyrox), although i already gave enormous amount of warnings to many ppl that ANY kind of spam,bullshit posts will be removed.
Itio and beeeh- already got punished for that kind of behaviour.

So what i suggest is that moderators should be stricter about spam/irrelevant posts/threads. We can't let forums to be filled with a nonsense like that.

king
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

Make me moderator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make me moderator   Make me moderator EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 7:54 am

I told you I would stop moderating when I got no support at all for what I consider right. I think we need to have a discussion about HOW we should moderate, clearly there is a difference in opinion on some key issues. Then we can adjust the moderation crew after that.

For instance I think we should be more open for bans when people only spam bullshit like KatyRox. I dont say we should ban him instantly, but some sort of process should start and if he doesnt improve his posting result in a ban.

I also think we should have a rule against moderating in threads you are clearly involved in. If its just a joketopic and you made one post its one thing, but big debatetopics where you are one of the mainparticipants is another.
Back to top Go down
BaiteN92

Make me moderator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make me moderator   Make me moderator EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 1:35 pm

camman give sidey moderator rights, he's the only one giving this forum an activity aye??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Make me moderator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make me moderator   Make me moderator Empty

Back to top Go down

Make me moderator
Page 1 of 1