STWC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
STWC Forum

The 2011-2012 Sheep Tag World ChaMpiOnShiP forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sheep tag styles

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TristanWolf

Sheep tag styles Empty
PostSubject: Sheep tag styles   Sheep tag styles EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 9:02 pm

Many styles in sheep tag lets see

Candymankiller - fast mass, bad mapgrid, bad wolf

Chaiserae - medium mass, good wolf, die easy many times

Shoop - Slow mass, good mapgrid, and ok wolf

Exalius - Slow mass, good mapgrid, and ok wolf (same)

Traxxwolf - medium mass, good mapgrid, and ok wolf + good runtag

Sidey(faceofmelinda) - very fast mass, 0/10 mapgrid, and invis only wolf

nomapgrid - slow mass, ok wolf, good mapgrid

drewisfat - medium mass, good mapgrid, good wolf

which style do you think is best?

Back to top Go down
prodigy
Admin
prodigy

Sheep tag styles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheep tag styles   Sheep tag styles EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 10:38 pm

Why did you pick these random people? All the styles you describe sound pretty similar. Go deeper.
Back to top Go down
https://stwc.forumotion.com

Sheep tag styles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheep tag styles   Sheep tag styles EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 1:20 am

ye well I take that, my mass might be somewhat slow, however, unlike the cornermassers who only spend time massing in a corner and still masses slowly I spend most of my time around mid, harassing the wolves or running around the map helping allies. If I don't have any cornermassers in my team I can speed up my mass quite a lot to make up for the lost farmcount.
Back to top Go down
NoMapgrid
Admin
NoMapgrid

Sheep tag styles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheep tag styles   Sheep tag styles EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 3:49 am

I'd say my mass is medium.
iF i'd mass like Sidey, i would have been the fastest masser EVA!
Back to top Go down
NoMapgrid
Admin
NoMapgrid

Sheep tag styles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheep tag styles   Sheep tag styles EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 3:58 am

TristanWolf wrote:
Many styles in sheep tag lets see

Candymankiller - fast mass, bad mapgrid, bad wolf

Chaiserae - medium mass, good wolf, die easy many times

Shoop - Slow mass, good mapgrid, and ok wolf

Exalius - Slow mass, good mapgrid, and ok wolf (same)

Traxxwolf - medium mass, good mapgrid, and ok wolf + good runtag

Sidey(faceofmelinda) - very fast mass, 0/10 mapgrid, and invis only wolf

nomapgrid - slow mass, ok wolf, good mapgrid

drewisfat - medium mass, good mapgrid, good wolf

which style do you think is best?

what about some teamwork skills and rt skills? ( i'll add more things but atm i dont know more)
Maybe Knowledge of Items and mirror => good golem kills, not losing his zone at isolation, good mirror jumps, blocking with mirror, ( sniping? )
You could add a lot of things more. Maybe i could add some more ppl. ^^
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

Sheep tag styles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheep tag styles   Sheep tag styles EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 12:12 pm

Lol?

I have most or second most farms in basicly every game I play and I am by far the best wolf.
Back to top Go down
TristanWolf

Sheep tag styles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheep tag styles   Sheep tag styles EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 2:14 pm

teamwork isnt good to put because many players can teamwork really good like sidey for example but he just like to play his own way instead of doing it the accepted way i think. i also feel like that some times :p

also shoop youre nto as good wolf as you think. taking all gold from team and making bigger impact on game anyone can do. so far i havent seen any real ability from u maybe it will change but i wont watch my clock

and rt isnt good measure because the guy that make nice trick and then dies get first place but the guy that run in straight line and survive gets last place what the hell is that? lol
Back to top Go down
prodigy
Admin
prodigy

Sheep tag styles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheep tag styles   Sheep tag styles EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 4:49 pm

Runtag is completely useless in a serious game, so I don't think that should be counted. In euro games yesterday I consistently dominated the farmcount by at least 50 farms, even though I had a ping ranging from 100 - 116, and I'm not that fast of a masser. However, players like Beeeh, Sidey, Exa etc.. had far more impact on the game than I did. Massing fast really isn't very important. Where you place your farms and how you support your team is what really counts. Shoop is a slow masser, but in a large percentage of the games I've seen he has most of his farms well positioned around the mid for the best effect.
Back to top Go down
https://stwc.forumotion.com

Sheep tag styles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheep tag styles   Sheep tag styles EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 5:13 pm

Runtag is ofc utterly useless, and you should remember something about runtag.

Only bad sheep put themselves in a position where they have to use runtag, a legend will never be forced to use runtag due to perfect positioning in the mass

And nice post from Prodigy btw, ofcourse mass speed is not a good measure of skill, ANYONE can mass fast in the current map, all you need to know is b+f and you can go down to the corner and get it started.

What matter is farm-placement and teamwork, and no I dont agree many sheep can teamwork well, infact, I have a hard time coming up with 1 good teamworker in the community. The only name that clearly pops up when I think about all the times i've been isolated is Traxx, he always helps his teammates, and he helped me mass times, but other than that? Hard to say.

Since everyone can mass fast, the interesting part is what does the slow massers do instead of massing? I usually focus on 100% massing for the first 3 minutes, then I dedicate my time harassing wolf / securing mid / helping allies, that makes my mass decrease as hell, since

1: I don't have a lot of cornerfarms.

2: I place all my newly built farms around middle and they get cut down fast/first.

So while it appears as I don't have any mass, my mass had the best placement and thus it was destroyed FIRST. Ofcourse I can adapt to this and speed-mass also, but usually its not needed in todays games.

This = true for a lot of the "slow" massers.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

Sheep tag styles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheep tag styles   Sheep tag styles EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 7:19 pm

I think we think about 2 different masspeeds. There is the "classic" most farms in 2 minutes, and from, my point a view a better way, how many important farms you make. Beacause knowing where to place farms isnt enough. You cant defend 4 farms in a 5 minute round, you need masspeed too. And this is where the relevance of talking about masspeed comes in.

Now, you could argue from here that you should meassure positioning and masspeed seperatley. That masspeed is farms in 2 minutes and farmpositioning is another factor. But it is this masspeed we are looking for when determining a good player? Does it have any kind of relevance if you can mass without any wolfs, without knowing where to mass? Are you in any way better than a player who just masses a little bit slower in games with no wolves but covers the map with important wellplaced farms while you are stuck with 50 farms in the corner beacause you cant handle pressure from the wolves and dont have a clue where your farms help the team?

I am arguing that we should open your eyes and take in to consider a) how many farms you can produce in actual games and b) being how well they are place, with a) ofcourse being what we talk about when we write masspeed. Given this, I definently how one of the highest massingspeeds in the community and, as I hope you understand, this given that the farmplacement has no form of relevance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sheep tag styles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheep tag styles   Sheep tag styles Empty

Back to top Go down

Sheep tag styles
Page 1 of 1