STWC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
STWC Forum

The 2011-2012 Sheep Tag World ChaMpiOnShiP forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Versus Captain Emphasis

Go down 
+5
TraxxWOLF
prodigy
Chakra
Madhatters
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Madhatters
Admin

Versus Captain Emphasis Empty
PostSubject: Versus Captain Emphasis   Versus Captain Emphasis EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 11:18 pm

I've noticed that for some reason people seem to think that playing against a person as captains in versus shows which person is better, obviously a terrible way of comparison given all the variables, but would you guys be interested in increasing the role captains have in versus games, so it could be a semi-accurate description of who is better?

Just to throw out a few random suggestions(I dont necessarily agree with any of these, they are just ideas) we could do:

Include a command that forces all players(or a specific player) on the captain's team to give gold to the captain
Give captain's units two special abilities to ping a location(one red for danger, one green for movement/bridging)
Give the captain a small bonus(gold/farm health/possibly more items off the start for shepherds etc.)
Create a new farm that only captain's sheep can build(a different type of saving farm that had higher risk/reward, possibly a regular stack farm etc.)

Like I said, these are just random ideas with the sole purpose of putting more emphasis on the captain of the team, through increased ability to coordinate or simply advantages for the captain. Let me know what you think.

Of course I would add another command that didn't give any advantage to the captain of the team for casual versus gameplay(if we make any drastic changes).

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Versus Captain Emphasis   Versus Captain Emphasis EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 12:06 am

i doesn't think captain should have more item/more gold but I really like the first 3-4 ideas.
Back to top Go down
Chakra

Chakra

PostSubject: Re: Versus Captain Emphasis   Versus Captain Emphasis EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 12:41 am

I don't think people are actually arguing that winning as captain means their better. They argue it means they can discern those with greater skill with more accuracy. And since most people overrate themselves, this also means their their self-bolstered ratings are probably more accurate than someone else's self-bolstered ratings.

Quote :
a different type of saving farm that had higher risk/reward
That's just silly. ^^ Think about what you just said. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.sheeptag.net/
prodigy
Admin
prodigy

PostSubject: Re: Versus Captain Emphasis   Versus Captain Emphasis EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 12:49 am

To me the superior 'skill' a captain shows is picking a team filled with both skilled players, and those players that combine well. We have all seen game upsets where a legend team was overturned by the underdogs because of a lack of teamwork. The second measure of a captain's skill is how they direct their team. A team with a braindead leader will simply function more poorly than one with someone who knows the game. There are always a few lucky wins that really didn't come from a captains skill, but I think overall these two factors govern most wins. This being said I really don't think we need to add anything to this mode.
Back to top Go down
https://stwc.forumotion.com
Madhatters
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Versus Captain Emphasis   Versus Captain Emphasis EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 1:26 am

Maybe its just me, but in every euro game, after every versus, someone shouts out a record they have against that person and claims they are better than them.

And prodigy, a few of the ideas listed actually boost the directing of the team importance/effectiveness of the captain

I also thought this would be a way for the legends to shine since a good amount of people have been complaining that one person can't really carry a team at all... but i agree with you that the mode is pretty good as is.
Back to top Go down
TraxxWOLF

PostSubject: Re: Versus Captain Emphasis   Versus Captain Emphasis EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 3:35 am

prodigy wrote:
To me the superior 'skill' a captain shows is picking a team filled with both skilled players, and those players that combine well. We have all seen game upsets where a legend team was overturned by the underdogs because of a lack of teamwork. The second measure of a captain's skill is how they direct their team. A team with a braindead leader will simply function more poorly than one with someone who knows the game. There are always a few lucky wins that really didn't come from a captains skill, but I think overall these two factors govern most wins. This being said I really don't think we need to add anything to this mode.

Agrees totally. No improvements needed.
The 2-ping thing sounds interesting for all sheep though
Back to top Go down
Azzuro

PostSubject: Re: Versus Captain Emphasis   Versus Captain Emphasis EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 4:40 am

hey Madhatters good observation. Common Captains like cmk, traxx, exa and chaise boast with there wins over each other, but i think most of it is jsut troll.^^
The ping idea is rly good! the captains ping should be well visible by all the other sheep. in Contrast to traxx i think only the captain should have the ability to do those 2 pings not to loose overview on the minimap when poeple like itio, dark_exodus or turbo_12 are in ur team. How u wanna do the control? The force gold add sounds a bit shoop-stalin-like but its considerable. Rest are too harsh changes in think.

P.S. Exa crushed 2:0 by me yesterday ^_^
Back to top Go down
exa

PostSubject: Re: Versus Captain Emphasis   Versus Captain Emphasis EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 7:54 am

You USeast kids emo to much about what goes on at Europe, the rivalry, competition and massive flames is usually all in good fun, 20% serious and 80% jokes with most people, 80% serious and 20% joke with others, and we all enjoy it like fuck, it's what makes Europe so fun compared to USEast.

I know on useast you have a history of "o.o; i only lost cuz my ally didnt build a hardfarm 10 minutes ago to block wolf that invised me now" so it might seem more serious than it is ^^

PS

I crushed Azzuro and Chaise yesterday in versus, 5-1 to Exa Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Versus Captain Emphasis   Versus Captain Emphasis EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 10:14 am

I am against all these ideas and also I think we should remove goldsharing from sheeptag completley.
Back to top Go down
Azzuro

PostSubject: Re: Versus Captain Emphasis   Versus Captain Emphasis EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 10:45 am

shoop and exa.. what about reasonable answers to the topic. i think it got some nice ideas.
Btw exa stop lie. I never lost vs u when i was captain in lets say the last week.
Wink
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Versus Captain Emphasis   Versus Captain Emphasis EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 10:49 am

I think my ideas are better. I dont see why I should have to argue against his ideas when noone argued for them and Ive represented the removal of goldsharing for a long time.
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: Versus Captain Emphasis   Versus Captain Emphasis EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 11:21 am

shoop swap from drew-ideas to sidey-ideas now Very Happy lets RALL
Back to top Go down
prodigy
Admin
prodigy

PostSubject: Re: Versus Captain Emphasis   Versus Captain Emphasis EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 2:10 pm

@Exa: To quote bait3n inexactly: "The east community is so mature." This is why we 'emo' over all these euro practices; it is almost inconceivable to us that EVERY person in euro is a huge kiddo.

@Mad: I would be willing to test any changes you make mad, I was just saying that I think the mode is fine as is also, not that it couldn't be improved.
Back to top Go down
https://stwc.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Versus Captain Emphasis   Versus Captain Emphasis Empty

Back to top Go down

Versus Captain Emphasis
Page 1 of 1