STWC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
STWC Forum

The 2011-2012 Sheep Tag World ChaMpiOnShiP forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)

Go down 
+9
XXXandBEER
SharingMyHeroes
Chakra
ShoresOfEden
TraxxWOLF
greatlakes[sks]
CHIEFHERO[SKS]
BEeeH-
Madhatters
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ROMaNiTiEZ

New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:55 am

There was a bug in the One Way map where I used relocate on a certain hill and it tele'd me out of the map and i got stuck ^^ Just putting it out there.
Back to top Go down
Chakra

Chakra

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 12:14 pm

Quote :
I'm not sure how to do the blue wards... is it a skin/model? Chakra halp!
Watcher Ward (model). It's TFT only, so if you want to be RoC-friendly (otherwise RoCers just see a shadow), you need to attach it to a normal ward via an ability.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sheeptag.net/
TraxxWOLF

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 1:15 pm

Chakra wrote:
Quote :
I'm not sure how to do the blue wards... is it a skin/model? Chakra halp!
Watcher Ward (model). It's TFT only, so if you want to be RoC-friendly (otherwise RoCers just see a shadow), you need to attach it to a normal ward via an ability.

chakra so pr0 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Madhatters
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 4:33 pm

drewisfat wrote:
Exactly, he tried to package it in with a whole bunch of other changes, and it was a mostly minor vague one that didn't stick out in most peoples minds.

The only sign of a "debate" specifically on the issue was me trying to explain that people overestimate their speed/range because their animation is unfamiliar and that it's actually the same as a shepherds.

The was no reason given as to why their speed should be lowered. Except that "most Europeans want this".

The entire purpose of the iron golem was to be as fast as a shepherd, otherwise it can't camp effectively or hold a lane. Now 10 ms may be nearly unnoticeable, but if it was 30 the item would probably have become worthless imo.

So you are saying that I should have:

1) Assumed sidey was lying about having any following with his idea to reduce the speed
2) Assumed all the people who posted saying they agreed with the changes actually didn't agree with the iron golem but didn't say anything because it was minor
3) Assumed that "iron golems and shepherds have the same speed" actually means "I am strongly against this"

???

There is also no reason given to why their speed shouldn't be lowered, excluding that its the same as shepherds... but anyways, if people want it raised again I will do it, although no one except you has said anything against it.

I feel a bit dumb on the sentry ward topic, the unit model was right below sentry ward lol. The ward is now blue though.
Back to top Go down
drewisfat

drewisfat

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 7:47 pm

im just saying you shouldnt have made a change when there wasn't a discussion on it, save "mass europeans agree". It sets a dangerous precedent. The fact that is was bulked in a large group of changes does not make it better.
If there was an actually discussion focused solely on it, I don't foresee this change being popular at all. It's basically a slap in the face to iron golems, which is something most of the Europeans were very fond of last I checked. Ofc if I start arguing for them, I'm sure they will argue against them etc.

Sidey was just trying to be appeal the populist grumbling about getting range killed or what not. But this is a whiney complaint founded on misconceptions that wouldn't have held up on the forums.
Back to top Go down
ShoresOfEden

ShoresOfEden

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 12:17 pm

Fix the terrain for 1way a bit..

The right side terrain is huge advantage for the sheep.. two ledges which basically go all the way to middle :/
Back to top Go down
prodigy
Admin
prodigy

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 1:00 pm

Agree, also the hill next to flag on right side = huge advantage. Sheep just has to block and build mine farm up onto hill.
Back to top Go down
https://stwc.forumotion.com
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 1:22 pm

GaGA??????

my last post was not addressed, but i have a few other ideas for 1way.

1) add some command which makes all the farms available. i have played 1way 10 times and i still have no idea how to add the various farms.

2) normal sheeptag needs to be able to be -canceled. atm u have to wait for wolfs to spawn and suicide.

3) definitely rework the terrian. the right side is a monsterous advantage for the sheep because there is no way for wolfs to get up/down from hills whereas its super-easy for the sheep. its also much easier to save on the right side because the wolf can't guard both the flag and the wisps. on the left side, the flag and the wisps are basically on the same place. the distance from the middle to the flag has to be the same on both sides as well.

4) make the thrower/sniper shit able to shoot up hills. this is debatable as there is some value to the ''bounce'' the bullet gets from hitting walls, but i'd prefer it if you could shoot uphills.

5) make the ''swap'' able to jump on/off hills, and not bounce off walls. this is also debatable.

6) remove gold-income for the sheep. this one is debatable, but it seems to me as if everyone rushes to get the flag since everyone prefers sheeping over wolfing. this is debateable as well, but i think it could be a good idea to somehow reward wolfing moreso than sheeping. removing the gold income/time for sheep could be a start which isnt too drastic.

7) definitelly make a small area outside the middle where you cant build farms, perhaps with the range of a normal farm. some retards tend to just make a wall right next to the middle, so that ur wisp cant get out and turn into a wolf.
Back to top Go down
Madhatters
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 4:10 pm

1) I fail to comprehend how you cannot understand the command or at the very least memorize -farm d3e2v2, its 6 digits, 3 of which are the hotkeys for the farms...

2) TBH because of the way one way is triggered, this would be extremely annoying for me to do, so its not worth messing with to save a fail host 15 seconds.

3) Ye terrain needs to be changed a bit

4/5) It will be considered.

6) I added bounty for wolves, doesn't this solve the problem?

7) Ill do this as well.
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 5:15 pm

Quote :
1) I fail to comprehend how you cannot understand the command or at the very least memorize -farm d3e2v2, its 6 digits, 3 of which are the hotkeys for the farms...
simpler = better. and im not the only one with this problem.

Quote :
2) TBH because of the way one way is triggered, this would be extremely annoying for me to do, so its not worth messing with to save a fail host 15 seconds.
i never consider how much work it takes when i bring suggestions, i only consider what could improve the map. this is not a big deal however.

Quote :
6) I added bounty for wolves, doesn't this solve the problem?
wotdoyoumean?
Back to top Go down
Madhatters
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 5:28 pm

Ill just make the -farm d3e2v2 the default.

You want to remove sheep gold generator to give a slight gold advantage to wolves, giving wolves bounty from killing farms accomplishes the same thing.

Ive decided to make relocate go over terrain, but keep cannon the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2