STWC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
STWC Forum

The 2011-2012 Sheep Tag World ChaMpiOnShiP forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)

Go down 
+9
XXXandBEER
SharingMyHeroes
Chakra
ShoresOfEden
TraxxWOLF
greatlakes[sks]
CHIEFHERO[SKS]
BEeeH-
Madhatters
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Madhatters
Admin

New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) Empty
PostSubject: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 3:58 am

Sheep Tag ReVoLuTiOn 7.1.4M

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/191486/

Changes:

>Lag glitch fixed(hopefully)
>Iron Golem cost reduced from 120 to 100 gold.
>Iron Golem speed reduced from 420 to 410.
>Stack Farm introduced as a sheep/invisible wolf bouncer... it will be instantly removed if no invisible wolves are nearby(replaced sentry).
>Due to stack farm being introduced, true sight lowered from 800 to 725.
>Versus now pauses the 90 second between round timer.
>-gall added (splits your gold evenly between surviving allies)
>-a X added (splits X gold evenly between surviving allies)
>-e X added (gives each surviving ally X gold)

Sheep Tag One WayV6C

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/191478/

Changes:

>Changed build hotkey to B for other languages.
>CTF flag cannon and sniper rifle merged.
>CTF Storm Hammer added to defend against massers.
>CTF GOJF Card cost raised from 225 to 325 gold.
>CTF farm kills now grant bounty
>CTF saving bonus(just text, not gold rewarded) fixed.
>Dodgeball thunderbolt changed to splitter.
>Hard Farm health and armor reduced from 280 to 120 and 5 to 3 respectively.
>A glitch with link beam lightning effect not being removed fixed.
>Fixed an Autobalace:half glitch.
>Autobalance now fairs the teams every time if it is on, and defaults as off.
>Beam Wars link ability cooldown reduced from 12 to 7.
>A 'Reset Cooldowns' one use ability added to beam wars.
>Zipline glitch involving the blade not despawning when a farm is destroyed fixed.

Sheep Tag Farm Defense V1K

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/191479/

This map isn't new, but I noticed a lot of bots have outdated versions.

>Round 15 - Natural Relocation bug fixed.
>Round 10 - Added a bonus continue upon completing.
>Round 6 - Added a bonus continue upon completing.
>Fixed starting gold bug when using -start.

Yeee lets hear it for Madhatters!
Back to top Go down
BEeeH-

BEeeH-

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 7:37 am

nice shit bro
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 8:10 am

beeeh summed up my thoughts pretty well Very Happy

just one thing i've been meaning to ask you...isnt it possible to add a command in 1way where you get all the farms? like -allfarms or whatever. often times noone seems to know the exact commands for that shit. -d3f4fg5 seems pretty complicated. maybe im just new cat
Back to top Go down
greatlakes[sks]

greatlakes[sks]

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 8:49 am

CHIEFHERO[SKS] wrote:
beeeh summed up my thoughts pretty well Very Happy

just one thing i've been meaning to ask you...isnt it possible to add a command in 1way where you get all the farms? like -allfarms or whatever. often times noone seems to know the exact commands for that shit. -d3f4fg5 seems pretty complicated. maybe im just new cat

agreed

I know that you can't make a cmd like -allfarms, because some farms got the same hotkeys, no? Can you make the commands more user-friendly? Just pipe the String we can enter to -farm X Y, whereas X could be zipline|zip or so Smile
Back to top Go down
TraxxWOLF

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 9:04 am

Lag is still there .. Sad small spikes all time, just on that map.

+ you HAVE to add how many sheep and wolf in team on scoreboarD! Smile
Back to top Go down
greatlakes[sks]

greatlakes[sks]

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 9:10 am

I don't know if I'm mistaking, but I didn't get any gold as wolf when we killed a sheep (I was close to the kill if that matters)
Back to top Go down
BEeeH-

BEeeH-

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 9:12 am

this revo map leak like shits, it became laggier n laggier
Back to top Go down
greatlakes[sks]

greatlakes[sks]

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 9:31 am

BEeeH- wrote:
this revo map leak like shits, it became laggier n laggier

I didn't lag at all, but plenty of other people said it was lagging, I've been dg though, madhatters fav colour ^_^
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 9:35 am

yeah the lag problem is still insane. i've litterally not played in such bad spikes in several years. it was unplayable. we remade 7.1.0 on the same bot directly after testing the new map, and the spikes were completely gone, despite some delay still being there.

gotta fix that. but the map itself looks nice and everything seems to be working.
Back to top Go down
ShoresOfEden

ShoresOfEden

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 10:07 am

I like what you've done so far, nice shits.

Some bugs apart from the stuff that has already been mentioned:

- I was blue and when my wisp got saved i always had the same spawnspot => you should randomize it

- apparently the tree on top of pen (where u can jump on the platform) has moved a bit

- You can sell items to the shop from a distance

- When lakes got kicked his sheep and farms remained there.. and if im not mistaking the wolf couldnt kill some farm or the sheep immediately.. like it was invulnerable for a second or something... not sure about this though

- Also since bomber is completely obsolete you should put invis in the portable shop instead

And one last thing.. could u please call it 7.2 or some shit?
Back to top Go down
Madhatters
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 2:00 pm

Alright... sorry about the lag, but I think its actually fixed now. I accidentally had the leaderboard being created every .2 seconds, causing a new leaderboard to replace the old one 5 times a second. Thats the only thing I can think of as the map doesn't leak at all.

Are you sure you didn't get gold? Distance doesn't matter, and I have the trigger set up so everyone in the wolf player group gets gold, so if you had a shepherd you got gold.

The saving is random, you must've just been unlucky... how many times was it the same?

Moved the tree, thanks for pointing that out.

Selling items to the shop from a distance wasn't a glitch, but it appears to bother you guys so I changed it.

Idk about the leaving glitch, it worked fine for me when I tested it, but ill look into it. Can you tell me if a message saying something along the lines of
"XXXXXXX has left the game" was displayed?

I guess ill replace bomber with invis, but I feel like if a bomber is actually needed, it would be in a situation where typing -buy bomber would be annoying, where invis you are generally not doing anything when you want to buy it.

As for one way, cant you guys just memorize the command -farm d3e2v2? Or type -help farm/-help hotkey when you are setting it up?
Back to top Go down
Chakra

Chakra

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 3:09 pm

Your map does leak... Mainly because it's written in GUI wherein it is nearly impossible to avoid leaks.

Basically, ANYTHING that uses a GetForce% function leaks. IE, GetforceOfPlayer, GetPlayersAllies, GetAllPlayers, etc. These ALL leak.
From a two minute check, I can see "Periodic Farm Count And Share" and "Give Control" leak via this problem...

I couldn't bother searching through the clusturefuck of code. Did you include the basic
Code:
Clean
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
    Actions
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
? Otherwise very unit that isn't otherwise removed leaks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sheeptag.net/
TraxxWOLF

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 3:22 pm

What does "leak" in this context mean?

If chakra knows a why to make map stop lag it'd be awesome if you helped out! Very Happy

Madhatters -> Have you uploaded 7.1.5?
Back to top Go down
Madhatters
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 3:38 pm

No I havent, I still need to find out why the leaving trigger isnt working correctly, and yes chakra it does leak a tiny bit in those cases, but nothing like that would cause any noticeable lag(one way has atleast as many of these leaks) and I do remove dead units.

Oh and a leak is basically when you create a unit at a point or pick up a group of units, that point or group of units will leak and build up in the game. If you have enough leaks(it takes a ton to actually have noticeable lag) the game will start to lag.
Back to top Go down
SharingMyHeroes

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 7:45 pm

@ Stack farm, I think b+e as hotkey is really bad especially because we need to do stacks fast to counter invis. Is there a way to switch it back to b+s?
Back to top Go down
XXXandBEER

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 8:51 pm

I didn't check but make sure the wards are blue!

Also there is a glitch with your invulnerable potion. I was hit by a frost farm then used it and I remained slowed. It should remove the debuff instantly
Back to top Go down
drewisfat

drewisfat

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 8:55 pm

why make iron golems slower?
Back to top Go down
Madhatters
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 9:37 pm

Stack farm can only be changed to b+s if we want to change strong farm to b+e or something else.

I'm not sure how to do the blue wards... is it a skin/model? Chakra halp!

I made iron golems speed lower because a few people requested it and no one argued against it.
Back to top Go down
drewisfat

drewisfat

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 10:22 pm

Assuming iron golems were only mentioned in the giant map changes thread I did a search and the only people who mentioned it were you me sidey and shoresofeden.

Sidey said "the vast majority of europe" wanted their speed and range marginally decreased
You said you didn't want want to decrease speed.
I said I didn't want to decrease speed.
Shores said he thought speed should be decreased, but he later clarified that in fact he didn't mind their movement speed being the same as shepherds but felt they were OP because they attacked faster then shepherds. I'm not sure if this is true, but regardless his clarification shows he doesn't want their base movement speed changed either.
Sidey never commented further in the discussion. I'm not sure if he actually cares about this change, or if he was misled by the animation and thought iron golems were faster than shepherds.
Regardless unless im missing another discussion there is certainly no consensus here for lowering their speed.

And if there was a belief that iron golems were OP I certainly think we shouldnt lower their base speed of all things, as this would limit their ability to camp effectively, one of their primary purposes.
Back to top Go down
Madhatters
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 10:43 pm

You are forgetting to mention the 3-4 people who posted below sidey's original post saying they agreed with the changes.

Also... your post:
"Iron golems are some seriously misunderstood creatures. It's one thing if you believe they should be slower than shepherds, but I think some people believe they are faster than shepherds, which is just false. Go open a map. Go summon an iron golem. Go race your units. Easy enough to test. The range/speed issues are really just issues of the different animation."
It seems more like an "idc" than a "im against this", so from my point of view we have 4-5 people who want it, 1-2 who don't really care and me against it, but not even strongly against it.

So that was my reasoning for changing it.

Back to top Go down
drewisfat

drewisfat

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 12:53 am

Exactly, he tried to package it in with a whole bunch of other changes, and it was a mostly minor vague one that didn't stick out in most peoples minds.

The only sign of a "debate" specifically on the issue was me trying to explain that people overestimate their speed/range because their animation is unfamiliar and that it's actually the same as a shepherds.

The was no reason given as to why their speed should be lowered. Except that "most Europeans want this".

The entire purpose of the iron golem was to be as fast as a shepherd, otherwise it can't camp effectively or hold a lane. Now 10 ms may be nearly unnoticeable, but if it was 30 the item would probably have become worthless imo.
Back to top Go down
XXXandBEER

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 1:15 am

The Iron golem its self its already extremely OP its basically a second wolf for 200 gold thats ABSURD. When put in the hands of people who can actually micro this item is by far the best and in no case "worthless" even if it did move slower. Also the reduction of ms makes it more of a challenge to mid instead of getting iron golem and wolf and being perfectly fine. The wolf might actually have to move the iron golem wisely instead of just going back and forth instantly
Back to top Go down
drewisfat

drewisfat

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 1:24 am

Why is it a good thing to make it more difficult for the wolf to use an iron golem to camp?
Back to top Go down
XXXandBEER

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 2:00 am

Because saving as it is is almost impossible (unless the wolf messes up). And it should actually take some form of thinking to stop people from saving rather than just move iron golem around
Back to top Go down
Zo0LanDeR

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 2:37 am

I don't think saving is impossible at all. Defending against a double save against good sheep and wisps that know what to do can be very difficult, that isn't even factoring in frost farms and sheep going invis. I think that it is a challenge for both sides
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)   New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense) Empty

Back to top Go down

New Maps(Revolution/One Way/Farm Defense)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next