STWC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
STWC Forum

The 2011-2012 Sheep Tag World ChaMpiOnShiP forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Alternative invis debate

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ShoresOfEden

ShoresOfEden

Alternative invis debate Empty
PostSubject: Alternative invis debate   Alternative invis debate EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 9:03 am

I'd like to revive the invis debate but on a different level. This topic discusses why and how you would nerf the current invis potion. Or if u'd like it to remain as it is.

In other words I dont want ANYONE mentioning the 'complete removal of invis' OR 'adding stacks'. We've had those discussions a little too often already. So again please discuss how (much) you want to nerf invis or why u want it to remain the same.

Here's my take on it.

First of all i want invis to stay in the game but as many people agree on, it's a bit overpowered at the moment.

• What i want is to slightly increase the true sight radius. Add 50 range to it so its a bit harder to snipe sheep.
• Secondly fix the sentry farm... this farm is completely obsolete in the current map. Make it insta-build like a normal farm and add a big true sight radius.
• I also had the idea to add an upgrade to the sentry farm which would give the upgraded sentry farm a 'flare' ability. This is basically a true sight 'bomb' like in melee of the mortar seige units. Add a huge cooldown or a huge goldcost to it as well (100g or so). Remember this is just an idea and i'm just throwing it out there to see if the cat licks it up.

Only constructive critisism in this topic please. And also could any admin remove future posts about adding stacks or removing invis completely. Much appreciated!

Back to top Go down
TristanWolf

PostSubject: Re: Alternative invis debate   Alternative invis debate EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 9:39 am

Buffing sentry farm and adding flair abilities bring us back to the roc maps of Ultimate Sheep Tag where sheep cannot see invis wolves at all without sentries.

Making sheep build sentries in response to invis is terrible game-play. It slows the game down, takes away all skill, and makes the game boring as hell. The game should never involve having to build sentries in order to expand because it requires absolutely zero mastery and anyone can do it.

Adding extra true sight is the better option but still adds nothing of value to the map in terms of mastery as compared to adding, for example, a stack farm that only counters invis and doesn't affect the game otherwise.

Changing sight/Sentries/flair do nothing to increase mastery and are not viable solutions.

ShoresOfEden = I know who it are.
Back to top Go down
Night

PostSubject: Re: Alternative invis debate   Alternative invis debate EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 11:38 am

i must agree with the 1st and 2nd point chaise posted. Improving true sight of both sheep and sentry farms would reduce invis usage in games. People always abuse invis , since there will always been someone who will die to it . Furthermore , some ppl even use it in versus/captain games. I have seen captains telling everyone to gold him for invis. IT is been a known fact that if u dont kill everyone with invis -> u ruin your wolf game.

3rd option seems to be unreliable. No one will be willing to pay a colossal amount of gold just for a FLARE to see 1 invis wolf. They would rather build 3 sentries or build an aura farm. ALTHOUGH flare could be used like a 'ball' for sheeps. For example , u could use it to gain sight on vital areas where as u could build banks. For example , i want to build a bank in down-right corner but im not sure whether there is a wolf sniping or not. So i use the 'flare' to gain sight and to know , whether it is save to go there or not. This could be helpful , although it should be tested before editing it to the map. Mind this is only an idea. pce
Back to top Go down
ShoresOfEden

ShoresOfEden

PostSubject: Re: Alternative invis debate   Alternative invis debate EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 11:41 am

After giving it more thought I think only adding 50-75 units to true sight range of sheep will suffice for now. Sheep are learning and adapting. They're learning to anticipate on a sniper, which to be fair is almost every game. By massing with more variation, less straight lines, not running in a straight line to the edge of a mass to expand, etc etc.

By your definition invis adds mastery. All I want to do is balance it. You dont have to have superior insight in what sheep might do or where they might run to be a succesful sniper in the current version. And the best sheep amongst us, the ones without maphack ofc, have died to sniping. So the obvious solution is increase true sight range. It doesnt add extra mastery, although invis already adds mastery to both sheep and wolevs, but it also doesnt decrease mastery.

When you fix true sight range the sentry farm is a minor concern, although still worth debating about.

Btw, does anyone know the exact numbers of true sight range ?
Back to top Go down
prodigy
Admin
prodigy

PostSubject: Re: Alternative invis debate   Alternative invis debate EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 2:19 pm

To me, forcing sheep to build sentry farm has a positive effect on gameplay. Instead of stack farm, which encourages sheep to be risky, sentry farm forces a more methodical, strategic style. This will be yet another dividing line between pros and noobs, which I think we need more of. Poor sheep players will continue to rush forward without taking time to make a sentry, and they will die. Sheep players that have the mental capacity to be strategic will benefit. Buffing sentry farm has my vote.
Back to top Go down
https://stwc.forumotion.com
TristanWolf

PostSubject: Re: Alternative invis debate   Alternative invis debate EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 2:25 pm

Quote :
To me, forcing sheep to build sentry farm has a positive effect on gameplay. Instead of stack farm, which encourages sheep to be risky, sentry farm forces a more methodical, strategic style. This will be yet another dividing line between pros and noobs, which I think we need more of. Poor sheep players will continue to rush forward without taking time to make a sentry, and they will die. Sheep players that have the mental capacity to be strategic will benefit. Buffing sentry farm has my vote.

HOLY SHIT braindeads. Have you played ultimate sheep tag? Sheep have zero true sight there. The only way they can see invis is through sentries. They can't expand or mass without building sentries and it becomes an issue of waiting for gold before you can build anywhere. It severely inhibits any form of skill. Your proposal is INSANE.

You make it sound as if placing a sentry takes skill. WOW. "Another dividing line" LISTEN TO YOURSELF this must be some turkish muslim trolljob, placing sentries is not skill.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternative invis debate   Alternative invis debate Empty

Back to top Go down

Alternative invis debate
Page 1 of 1