STWC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
STWC Forum

The 2011-2012 Sheep Tag World ChaMpiOnShiP forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Should we start another clan of ST?

Go down 
+9
greatlakes[sks]
EnStekPaNnaWOLF
Madhatters
exa
ShoresOfEden
BaiteN92
NoMapgrid
KatyRox
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KatyRox

KatyRox

Should we start another clan of ST? Empty
PostSubject: Should we start another clan of ST?   Should we start another clan of ST? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 3:11 pm

I think we should try to get another clan of Sheep Tag going, because only three clans is a small inclined space for as many sheeptaggers as we have, legends or anitlegends. Anyways, give ur thoughts on if we should/shouldn't have another clan of Sheep Tag and if so, what would the name be? Don't make a bullshit name btw please.
Back to top Go down
NoMapgrid
Admin
NoMapgrid

PostSubject: Re: Should we start another clan of ST?   Should we start another clan of ST? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 3:27 pm

Dou you speak about East / Europe?
If you want to do your own clan, do it.
Maybe i'll put up a bot and help you inviting.
If you keep doing good i will get ppl to join ur clan
Back to top Go down
BaiteN92

PostSubject: Re: Should we start another clan of ST?   Should we start another clan of ST? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 3:28 pm

do FOST = FREAK OF SHEEPTAG ? BEST NAME THOUGH? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KatyRox

KatyRox

PostSubject: Ill try mappy :)   Should we start another clan of ST? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 3:32 pm

sunny
Back to top Go down
BaiteN92

PostSubject: Re: Should we start another clan of ST?   Should we start another clan of ST? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 3:33 pm

does that smiley means : baiten you're epic legendo pro namefinder I love you so much and more than everyone in sheep tag community (of freaks of st gg) ?
Back to top Go down
ShoresOfEden

ShoresOfEden

PostSubject: Re: Should we start another clan of ST?   Should we start another clan of ST? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 3:39 pm

Are you insane lol?

Quote :
only three clans is a small inclined space for as many sheeptaggers as we have

Lest you forget, we can't even get fullhouses anymore these past weeks.

Furthermore I assume you meant behh csb and grr?
Quite frankly if you really want to contribute to the community you should join a clan and help them grow. Since grr has been lagging behind I suggest you join them and recruit kids from pubgames and teach them the basics of ST such as mapgrid (on revo map ofc), building at mid, etcetc.

I'd like to stress though that we DO NOT have 'many sheeptaggers' at all.
Back to top Go down
KatyRox

KatyRox

PostSubject: Europe,   Should we start another clan of ST? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 3:42 pm

Give me some names! I can't think of any besides SSoS Shepherds Shit on Sheep
Back to top Go down
exa

PostSubject: Re: Should we start another clan of ST?   Should we start another clan of ST? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:41 am

I moved this thread from trashcan back to General Discussion, I have no idea who moved the thread to the trashcan but if the general consensus amongst the mods is that it should be there then feel free to move it back preferably with a reason noted.

Anyway, the amounts of clans seem sufficient at the moment, and as far as I know there has been a lot of half serious attempts at new clans on roc lately, StE, PST, eX etc, without much success.

We need to focus on making the community fun instead, right now it's boring as shit, and the most fun people have is when I come on and knock out a selfclaimed legend in versus, we need to bring on more competition between clans and maybe have more less serious funwars.

We will also rebuild our ST team in WhiS so that we have a strong 5 man team and can compete against other clans if needed.
Back to top Go down
NoMapgrid
Admin
NoMapgrid

PostSubject: Re: Should we start another clan of ST?   Should we start another clan of ST? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:25 am

@ Katy: if you really want to do a clan, use SuP ( Sheep under Pressure )
@ Exa: eX was a big success. A lot of people started REAL sheep tag because of me / us.
@ all: There is another clan. Clan MsTc. It's half sheep tag / Dota clan. i think, the chief will recruit some people.
Back to top Go down
Madhatters
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Should we start another clan of ST?   Should we start another clan of ST? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 2:56 am

I moved it to the trashcan because this thread, along with all the other's created by katy, is ridiculous. Even if sheep tag only had 3 clans(it has over 3 on either europe or east), it would still be more than enough for our community. Tbh, there is no need for more than one clan--to serve as a meeting channel--seeing as clan rivalries/battles don't exist anymore.
Back to top Go down
EnStekPaNnaWOLF

PostSubject: Re: Should we start another clan of ST?   Should we start another clan of ST? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 3:45 am

Madhatters wrote:
I moved it to the trashcan because this thread, along with all the other's created by katy, is ridiculous. Even if sheep tag only had 3 clans(it has over 3 on either europe or east), it would still be more than enough for our community. Tbh, there is no need for more than one clan--to serve as a meeting channel--seeing as clan rivalries/battles don't exist anymore.

So you removed it because you disagreed with her? Only because you think she is wrong the thread doesn't have to be ridiculous. Katy made a lot of trash-threads but this one actually has some value. Don't just judge the threads value based on who created it. I am 100 % sure you wouldn't have removed it if it was created by Drew or anyone else known for making serious posts.

OnT: A new clan is probably not needed since we're simply not enough people. What we need is all clans to start making cw-teams, big clans such as behh and csb can also make b-teams. All kind of competion boosts st activity and i think i speak for everyone when i say that sheeptag is the most fun when there's a lot of clanwars going on.

If this turns out to be a sucess a few people can form a new clan to get even more competion if they want to, atm this is not needed tho.
Back to top Go down
greatlakes[sks]

greatlakes[sks]

PostSubject: Re: Should we start another clan of ST?   Should we start another clan of ST? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 3:56 am

steko lacks some logic there: someone making serious posts probably wouldn't have posted what katy posted lately.

however, I think there is 0 clan competition/rivalry, because everyone knows that clan behh is unbeatable in clan wars. Many have tried to beat us, all have failed. I guess the community simply gave up trying to win over a real family Basketball .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we start another clan of ST?   Should we start another clan of ST? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 3:58 am

Ok I'll tell you something guys.

Stop talking about making clan wars the community is way to small and it won't get really bigger.
So the: make b-teams isn't possible. When was the last cw played? Was the duo tournament succesfull where you NEEDED only 6 player to play and if your partner didn't showed up you could get random partner? That didn't even work. Lets stop talking about getting lots of small clan and lets get one big clan and that would boost st activity by alot. We're not anymore where we could get 3 big clan with b-team and everything was working fine.

That message was produced by 008 inc.
Back to top Go down
greatlakes[sks]

greatlakes[sks]

PostSubject: Re: Should we start another clan of ST?   Should we start another clan of ST? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:03 am

I can only talk for Clan Behh: we could settle a relyable A- and B-team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we start another clan of ST?   Should we start another clan of ST? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:22 am

And do you think that you could do a clan wars and everyone would show up? Most likely no.

But maybe I'm wrong who know?When was last cw of europe that "count". By count I mean where every teamA players were there?
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: Should we start another clan of ST?   Should we start another clan of ST? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 7:11 am

Quote :
I moved this thread from trashcan back to General Discussion, I have no
idea who moved the thread to the trashcan but if the general consensus
amongst the mods is that it should be there then feel free to move it
back preferably with a reason noted.

Quote :
I moved it to the trashcan because this thread, along with all the other's created by katy, is ridiculous.

good call by exa.

it will become a problem if you act based on who posted the thread. you would have never moved this thread to the trashcan if i was the one who created it.

it doesn't matter how many threads you make, but the content. if you wouldn't have deleted this thread by any other poster, don't delete it when katy makes it. it doesnt matter if she has created other bad threads.

was a similar situation with zo0 or beer asking for katys ranking thread to be removed. again, if that thread was posted by chaise or someone else, you would never delete it. consistency is very important @ mods.

we dont need more clans. i dont see a negative in starting a new clan tho. variation and change is good for the community. the owners of the new clan will probably put more effort into creating value for other sheeptaggers in order for them to join their clan.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Should we start another clan of ST?   Should we start another clan of ST? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:41 pm

A new clan is a good idea if you can pull it off. But I think the name is your least concern. If you are serious you need some people who are willing to put down a lot of energy at least in the start. If you dont have that I think you should do as chaise said and join another clan and help them. If you do so join the clan you think have the best general idea of how to help the community. Now this isnt hard to know, and we should really have more discussions regarding this, but in theory if people joined the clan they thought had the best idea of how to help the community we would in the long run get clans that helped the community much more than today. If you want to help the community by helping a clan do NOT help a clan based on how many they are, if you have friends in it or beacause "they need help". Join a clan you believe is best at helping the community.

@ Lakes
Tbh I think CsB, WhiS (at least if Exa continues to maphack and if they manage to get a team of 5) and StH would all be favourites against Behh.
Back to top Go down
greatlakes[sks]

greatlakes[sks]

PostSubject: Re: Should we start another clan of ST?   Should we start another clan of ST? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:10 pm

is that a challenge shoop?
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Should we start another clan of ST?   Should we start another clan of ST? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 6:10 pm

No, was yours?
Back to top Go down
EnStekPaNnaWOLF

PostSubject: Re: Should we start another clan of ST?   Should we start another clan of ST? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 6:24 pm

I think you underrate Grr a lot Shoop. We might not be the most active clan but our top players would definitely make one of the best teams any clan can come up with atm.
Back to top Go down
Madhatters
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Should we start another clan of ST?   Should we start another clan of ST? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 6:42 pm

CHIEFHERO[SKS] wrote:

good call by exa.

it will become a problem if you act based on who posted the thread. you would have never moved this thread to the trashcan if i was the one who created it.

it doesn't matter how many threads you make, but the content. if you wouldn't have deleted this thread by any other poster, don't delete it when katy makes it. it doesnt matter if she has created other bad threads.

was a similar situation with zo0 or beer asking for katys ranking thread to be removed. again, if that thread was posted by chaise or someone else, you would never delete it. consistency is very important @ mods.

Obviously we have to act a little based on who posted the thread. You don't commonly post retarded shit, so I would've let it slide if you made this thread, but if you then made 4 other threads of similar retarded shit, I would delete all 5 of the threads.

By your logic there could never be a spammer because we don't judge the thread by the poster.

Also, I'm being completely consistent... I will always be quicker to delete posts by people, like katy and itio, who post 95% garbage and I will always put more thought into deleting posts by people who don't post garbage.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Should we start another clan of ST?   Should we start another clan of ST? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 7:04 pm

Stek
Maybe, is Beeeh still in Grr?
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

PostSubject: Re: Should we start another clan of ST?   Should we start another clan of ST? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 8:04 am

Quote :
By your logic there could never be a spammer because we don't judge the thread by the poster.

spamming(as in frequently posting) is GOOD if the posts and threads contribute and have value. delete the bad threads/post and keep the acceptable ones => no problemos, hasta la vista baby.

ofc there is less inherent risk in deleting material from katy because he contributes in 1/10 of his posts. making him stop posting = few people care. but the ideal situation is still to keep his good posts(posts which would be acceptable by made other people). dont you agree?
Back to top Go down
Madhatters
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Should we start another clan of ST?   Should we start another clan of ST? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 2:04 pm

Of all the lines to quote you quote the one that is pretty much a joke?

Spamming is only considered spamming if its harmful/annoying.

I considered this thread unacceptable(due to it being retarded), apparently there are people who don't.

Do I agree that keeping good posts is good? Yes, keeping good things is generally good.
Back to top Go down
KatyRox

KatyRox

PostSubject: Who will help?   Should we start another clan of ST? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 8:41 pm

I'm going to try to start one. It will be named SuP as suggested. If you would like to help put ur name right in here and I will check once I get my internet fixed. I'm on a comp im not suppose to be on right Now! >Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should we start another clan of ST?   Should we start another clan of ST? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should we start another clan of ST?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next