STWC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
STWC Forum

The 2011-2012 Sheep Tag World ChaMpiOnShiP forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New One Way/Revo

Go down 
+6
Night
NoMapgrid
Azzuro
EnStekPaNnaWOLF
CHIEFHERO[SKS]
Madhatters
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Madhatters
Admin

New One Way/Revo Empty
PostSubject: New One Way/Revo   New One Way/Revo EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:04 pm

Sheep Tag One Way V6D

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/192188/

>Major changes to the terrain.
>Buildings are now removed if they are within one farm of the CTF middle.
>Farm combo starts as -farm d3e2v2
>Relocate now goes over terrain for both and buildings for shepherds only.
>Relocate now travels 655(instead of 500) range for shepherds.
>CTF Link changed to Shuriken for shepherds, remains the same for sheep, and cost reduced to 125 from 150.
>CTF Grenade cost reduced to 150 gold.
>Scoring in CTF now awards 100 gold.
>Killing in CTF awards 15 ally/40 killer gold(down from 30/50 gold).
>Saving in CTF awards 30 gold per grave(down from 40).
>Zipline range set to infinite.
>Fixed a few glitches.
>Cannon: Wolf given a 5 second cooldown.

Sheep Tag ReVoLuTiOn 7.2.1M

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/192190/

>Map much less laggy thanks to Chakra's X trigger
>Replaced bomber with invis in the quick shop
>Sheep Locator can now be purchased.
>Beam cost raised from 60/84 gold to 65/91 gold.
>Beam no longer removes all other buffs.
>Kills now give gold hopefully.

Didn't get a chance to test these on roc, so it is possible there are some minor glitches. Let me know.
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

New One Way/Revo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New One Way/Revo   New One Way/Revo EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:14 pm

Quote :
>Zipline range set to infinite.
'
what? you can jump from the flag to the goal with 2 farms??????????????????????????? or am i COMPLETELY misunderstanding? and im in understanding correctly; WHY!!?!?!?!!!!?!?!!!?!??!!??!?! Very Happy i might have missed some heavy theory debates but this seems insanely bad to me. whats the reasoning here?

everything else looks perfect, havent tried new terrian however.

Back to top Go down
Madhatters
Admin

New One Way/Revo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New One Way/Revo   New One Way/Revo EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:47 pm

I set it to infinite because before it basically allowed the whole left side, but not the whole right side....also, because of how you set up the ziplines, you are kinda screwed if they are even 100 range farther apart than they should be.
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

New One Way/Revo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New One Way/Revo   New One Way/Revo EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 4:58 am

Quote :
also, because of how you set up the ziplines, you are kinda screwed if they are even 100 range farther apart than they should be.
this seems to be a good thing Very Happy

but whatever, no big deal. ill test the map later. it just suprised me, thought you mistyped.
Back to top Go down
EnStekPaNnaWOLF

New One Way/Revo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New One Way/Revo   New One Way/Revo EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:57 am

Zipline seems stupid to me. Can't just sheep take flag, run to a corner, block himself in and build a zipline. Meanwhile another teammate builds a zipline at goal, you connect them monsterfast and bam, you score 1 point. Isn't the whole point to get past wolves using runtag skills?

This brings me to my next suggestion, removing relocate. This ability makes runtag skill much more useless and brings in a much bigger luck factor. You can't know where the sheep will exactly relocate and if you wait and do it after him he will just run away from you. It adds some "skill" in the prediction and blinking right part but it add much more luck and harms runtag way too much.

Also FIX TERRAIN, the terrain should rly be identical on both sides to make the game fair, no further explanation needed.
Back to top Go down
Azzuro

New One Way/Revo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New One Way/Revo   New One Way/Revo EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 7:00 am

first of all good shit mad. i will gladly test ur new maps this evening. @different terrain makes game more interesting. only hard to balance.
@mad zipline should be maximum half of left terrain. steko is just right with hsi saying. much toooo eazy to score .. dont make it infinite
boom.
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

New One Way/Revo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New One Way/Revo   New One Way/Revo EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 7:52 am

infinite zipline sounds very bad on paper indeed. i dont see the skill nor fun in jumping across the entire map. the concept of the zipline is good and adds ''fluff'' to the map, but it seems like its taking away the fun and skilfull aspect right now.

Back to top Go down
NoMapgrid
Admin
NoMapgrid

New One Way/Revo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New One Way/Revo   New One Way/Revo EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:48 am

EnStekPaNnaWOLF wrote:
Zipline seems stupid to me. Can't just sheep take flag, run to a corner, block himself in and build a zipline. Meanwhile another teammate builds a zipline at goal, you connect them monsterfast and bam, you score 1 point. Isn't the whole point to get past wolves using runtag skills?

This brings me to my next suggestion, removing relocate. This ability makes runtag skill much more useless and brings in a much bigger luck factor. You can't know where the sheep will exactly relocate and if you wait and do it after him he will just run away from you. It adds some "skill" in the prediction and blinking right part but it add much more luck and harms runtag way too much.

Also FIX TERRAIN, the terrain should rly be identical on both sides to make the game fair, no further explanation needed.

Agreed at the first point.

Removing Relocate..
That's a bad idea. Without relocate the game is no fun anymore.

Removing all new things will take this map back to revo just with another smaller Terrain.

You can avoid getting killed by the relocatething.
Just build farms at running and they wont jump to you.

-----------------------------------------

Don't remove any farm / item.
Back to top Go down
EnStekPaNnaWOLF

New One Way/Revo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New One Way/Revo   New One Way/Revo EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:49 am

Wtf Mappy? Is it only me who doesn't think blinking is more fun than runtagging the wolf? You pretty much say it yourself, it's just to "build a couple of farms" to counter the blink. Exactly, this is monstereasy and require almost zero skill compared to the skill it takes to actually trick the wolf with runtag and teamwork.

And it will obviously not become like revo only because you remove a few farms which is negative for the map.
Back to top Go down
Night

New One Way/Revo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New One Way/Revo   New One Way/Revo EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 12:36 pm

Madhatters , i believe u will agree to me that 1way is made to relax/have fun after sheep tag and it is not supposed to be a serious/fullhouse game. So this brings to my point about making the game 3v3. Atm people(mostly new ppl) rather play 6V6 1way than St revo. WTF????.... This is a sheep tag community and 1way is MADE FOR PPL to have fun , to relax . And some ppl just ruin it by playing fullhouse 1way 6v6.... this is absurd.

So , i suggest u to make 1 way only available as 3v3 , but it is your decision.
Back to top Go down
Madhatters
Admin

New One Way/Revo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New One Way/Revo   New One Way/Revo EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 1:20 pm

I dont think you guys understand how zipline works... If a shepherd/image/golem is blocking the zipline path, the sheep being thrown by a zipline will dismount in front of the shepherd, almost always resulting in a death. Because of this, the longer the zipline, the more time you are moving on a set trajectory, the more likely it is that a shepherd will step in front of your path and kill you. But since everyone seems to be against it, in the next version, I'll lower the range again.

If you notice the changes, I made relocate much better for wolves so sheep can no longer just swap with a wolf then place a hard farm behind them, automatically beating any wolf in 1v1, this will result in runtag being a bigger part of scoring I hope.

I'm not going to make the map 3v3 because people like playing it, the concept is ridiculous and probably wouldn't even work, they could easily just make two 3v3 1ways if they all wanted to play it.
Back to top Go down
Night

New One Way/Revo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New One Way/Revo   New One Way/Revo EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 1:42 pm

Madhatters , then why u bother making revo map??? just add changes to 1way and throw revo outs. All community can switch to 1way since it is more skillfull to blink at area and build mine farms than teamwork , intelligent gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Madhatters
Admin

New One Way/Revo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New One Way/Revo   New One Way/Revo EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 2:19 pm

K sounds like a plan, but actually, lets throw out both and all go play dota... its clearly the most popular so there is no point of playing any other game. Actually wait, lets drop all wc3 and go play WoW or CoD, they are both vastly more popular so there is no point of playing or improving wc3. Good logic yes?
Back to top Go down
NoMapgrid
Admin
NoMapgrid

New One Way/Revo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New One Way/Revo   New One Way/Revo EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 2:31 pm

Night wrote:
Madhatters , then why u bother making revo map??? just add changes to 1way and throw revo outs. All community can switch to 1way since it is more skillfull to blink at area and build mine farms than teamwork , intelligent gameplay.

no, thanks. Night

After a short time 1way is boring also.
Then you need to play revo - then 1way

IT's good tactic, that makes sheep tag more fun! (:
Back to top Go down
Madhatters
Admin

New One Way/Revo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New One Way/Revo   New One Way/Revo EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:22 pm

Also, i forgot to mention that one way no doubt involves as much, if not more, teamplay and intelligence than revo, where the main teamwork is sharing gold and helping a person out of an iso a few times a game and the main intelligence is well... not getting isoed and swarming when a sheep gets isoed?
Back to top Go down
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

CHIEFHERO[SKS]

New One Way/Revo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New One Way/Revo   New One Way/Revo EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 6:54 am

Quote :
Also, i forgot to mention that one way no doubt involves as much, if not more, teamplay and intelligence than revo, where the main teamwork is sharing gold and helping a person out of an iso a few times a game and the main intelligence is well... not getting isoed and swarming when a sheep gets isoed?
i'll let shoop take care of this. more entertaining Very Happy

but yee. there is no ''more teamwork'' here or there. the difference between team oriented maps is the effect teamwork has relative to what you can do on your own. ability to teamwork is constant. and there is absolutely NO QUESTION that you can do much more on your own in 1way than in revo, which is part of the reason why everyone is playing it instead of the revo.

revo is entirely dependent on teamwork to the degree that you must have excellent teamwork with the rest of your team regardless of how unknown you are to eachother in order to accomplish anything, both at sheeping and wolfing. thats also a reason why its impossible to recruit anyone on revo. invis is one of the few skills in revo where a wolf can make an impact on the game(both positive and negative impact - depending on his skill) without relying completely on laauch and trollpro. and shoop wants to remove it lol... insanity.
Back to top Go down
prodigy
Admin
prodigy

New One Way/Revo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New One Way/Revo   New One Way/Revo EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 12:47 pm

1way is ruining sheeptag, thanks for putting that in Night. The only change I ask for in 1way is a glitch that makes it unplayable mad.
Back to top Go down
https://stwc.forumotion.com
XXXandBEER

New One Way/Revo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New One Way/Revo   New One Way/Revo EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 2:18 pm

prodigy wrote:
1way is ruining sheeptag, thanks for putting that in Night. The only change I ask for in 1way is a glitch that makes it unplayable mad.
A game cant ruin another game. Unless you consider SC2/Diablo/DoTa to be ruining sheep tag to o.O

But all n all i love how no one has posted anything about the new revo map is it working?!?!?!?
Back to top Go down
Madhatters
Admin

New One Way/Revo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New One Way/Revo   New One Way/Revo EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 3:43 pm

Thank you beer.

Amir, please don't turn this thread into an invis debate, and the reason people play one way is the reason they play any game over another... they find it more fun. I just love how selfish night and prodigy are that they want to ruin other people's fun so that the people will play the map they like more. Also, just because you are only as good as your worst player in revo doesn't mean you need a lot of teamwork to succeed. The only real teamwork in revo is double saving, isoing, pooling gold, and bridging isos. One way has much more coordination and opportunity to assist your team.
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

New One Way/Revo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New One Way/Revo   New One Way/Revo EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 4:42 am

Lol? Ofcourse a game can ruin another game.

But the most stupid post in this thread goes to : AMIR!

Remove invis and people will come back to sheeptag revo.
Back to top Go down
Azzuro

New One Way/Revo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New One Way/Revo   New One Way/Revo EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 10:44 am

just for the fun, i used the auto translate of google chrome some madhatters post in this thread and it has brought out some funny text (in german ofc) WUNDERKIND Very Happy

"Vielen Dank Bier. Amir, bitte nicht wieder diesen Thread in einen invis Debatte, und der Grund Menschen spielen ein Weg ist der Grund, sie spielen jedes Spiel über einen anderen ... finden sie es mehr Spaß. Ich liebe es einfach, wie egoistisch und Nacht Wunderkind sind, dass sie auf andere Menschen macht Spaß, so dass die Leute die Karte sie wollen mehr spielen ruinieren wollen. Auch dann, wenn nur weil man nur so gut wie Ihre schlechteste Spieler in revo nicht, dass Sie brauchen viel Teamarbeit zum Erfolg. Die einzige echte Teamarbeit in revo ist doppelt sparen, isoing, Pooling Gold und Überbrückung isos. Ein Weg, hat viel mehr Koordination und die Möglichkeit, Ihr Team zu unterstützen.
"
Back to top Go down
Shoop

Shoop

New One Way/Revo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New One Way/Revo   New One Way/Revo EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 11:36 am

Yeah thats hilarious Jens!
Back to top Go down
NoMapgrid
Admin
NoMapgrid

New One Way/Revo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New One Way/Revo   New One Way/Revo EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 9:16 am

Azzuro wrote:
just for the fun, i used the auto translate of google chrome some madhatters post in this thread and it has brought out some funny text (in german ofc) WUNDERKIND Very Happy

"Vielen Dank Bier. Amir, bitte nicht wieder diesen Thread in einen invis Debatte, und der Grund Menschen spielen ein Weg ist der Grund, sie spielen jedes Spiel über einen anderen ... finden sie es mehr Spaß. Ich liebe es einfach, wie egoistisch und Nacht Wunderkind sind, dass sie auf andere Menschen macht Spaß, so dass die Leute die Karte sie wollen mehr spielen ruinieren wollen. Auch dann, wenn nur weil man nur so gut wie Ihre schlechteste Spieler in revo nicht, dass Sie brauchen viel Teamarbeit zum Erfolg. Die einzige echte Teamarbeit in revo ist doppelt sparen, isoing, Pooling Gold und Überbrückung isos. Ein Weg, hat viel mehr Koordination und die Möglichkeit, Ihr Team zu unterstützen.
"

lol:D
Back to top Go down
Madhatters
Admin

New One Way/Revo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New One Way/Revo   New One Way/Revo EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 8:26 pm

Has anyone found any bugs in either of the maps? Some feedback would be nice, especially with revolution.
Back to top Go down
TraxxWOLF

New One Way/Revo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New One Way/Revo   New One Way/Revo EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 3:40 am

Quote :
Give captain's units two special abilities to ping a location(one red for danger, one green for movement/bridging)

This idea thrown out in another thread from the mapmaker himself. I take the freedom to post it here, all creds to madhatters.

I mean this is something that should be able for ALL SHEEP.
People pings for invis wolf and to expand and those look exactly the same. (Yes this have much to do with how retarded many are)
Having a chance to "ping green" for expanding etc and a "ping red" for 'danger, come help me' or 'invis wolf up here'.

Would imo increase the chance of teamplaying and would just be over-all great!

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New One Way/Revo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New One Way/Revo   New One Way/Revo Empty

Back to top Go down

New One Way/Revo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STWC Forum :: Main Forum :: Map Discussion-
Jump to: